Sunday, October 26, 2008

a couple Halloween memories


So halloween is less than a week away. I'm looking forward to taking Diana trick or treating again. Last year was her first time and she was a little shy but by the end of the night she was getting the hang of it. This year she is dressing as a princess and Kath and I will be dressed as Batman and Batgirl. I havent dressed up in years. I was thinking about some of my past halloween memories as a kid. Luckily I had an aunt who made me a lot of my costumes. Remember those old costumes where they would take a character like say Darth Vader and you would get the plastic mask with the string that held it up and the additional smock that would have the picture and name of the character? Lame. I never had to deal with the humilliation of those costumes. Also i seem to remember trick or treating until 10 or 11 at night. It seems like theres no kids out after 9 anymore. I remember one of the first times i trick or treated in the 70's. We knocked on a door and no one came out. I remember getting pissed and i kicked the door and exclaimed "I'm the six million dollar man!" The owner of the house came out and we ran. One year i was Superman but the lame thing was i had broken my arm. So i was superman with a big ass cast on his arm. Good times. Actually the last time i dressed was to go to a bar with my friend Dennis in the mid 90's. If you wore a costume there was a specific hour in the night where you could drink for free. We got the cheapest costumes we could find. I put on a mechanics suit and Dennis got one of those lone Ranger masks. They were the worst outfits in the place but they did the trick. I think we crammed 10 or 11 free beers each into that hour. I learned the hard way that a mechanics suit with no zipper is not the best thing to be wearing when you've had a ton of beer. So be responsible don't drink and dress like a mechanic. Happy halloween kids!

No comments: