Monday, July 30, 2012

Amazing Spider man was amazing.

  While I'm posting about movies i should mention the Amazing Spiderman. We got to see this one a few weeks back at the drive in. Now anyone that knows me knows i was totally against this film from the beginning. I was a fan of the Sam Raimi/Tobey Macguire Spiderman films. The 3rd film got a lot of flak. I liked it but it had its share of dumb moments. Too many musical numbers and too many villains. I always wanted Sam Raimi to come back and redeem himself with  a Spiderman 4. SHe got a script written to involve the villain the Vulture and the studio turned it down. Raimi quit followed by Tobey Macguire. Then came word that they would be rebooting the series, Spiderman would be back in high school again. "Bull shit" i cried. We don't need a reboot. This is the worst idea ever! I was not impressed and mentioned that on several Get Your Geek On shows.

  I am a fan of comic book movies and i was curious about the movie. I was prepared to hate it. Funny thing is i didn't. I owe the makers of this movie an apology. It was a cool movie. It was the origin story again but i thought it was done in a better way. Andrew Garfield was an excellent Spider man/ Peter Parker. The movie was really well done. Can't wait for the next one.

No comments: