Sunday, July 29, 2012

surprise!

 Ok  as you may have guessed i didn't want a birthday this year. I was bummed about the van and the Bentall show and didn't want anything to do with a birthday. Kath was determined to give  me a nice birthday. She and Diana decided to take me to a restaurant near Hamilton called Tuckers. Its a buffet  and on your birthday you could eat for free. Ok i could deal with  a nice dinner with my family. We drove up and had a nice conversation. After we got out of the car to go into the restaurant i saw a guy who looked like our friend Mark, Kath and i have a joke where if we see someone who sort of looks like someone we know but isn't we will say oh look its not whoever. In this case i  said hey look its not Mark. Then i realized it really was our friend Mark  who was with our friend Kate. Kath had asked some of our friends to join us as a surprise to me. Ok that was cool. Then Rob and Nickle showed up. My wife was one sneaky chick. Then our friend Ryan showed up. I was very surprised and moved that  my friends came out. Then i got a huge surprise. A buddy of ours  named Adriel who i hadn't seen in about 3 years showed up with his girlfriend Holly. Soon another friend Mike who i hadn't seen in a few years showed up. We had a really good meal and talked a lot about old times. I had met Adriel and Mike years ago when i worked at the donut diner. They kept me sane. So thanks Kath for putting the band back together and for making me smile on a birthday that i didn't want to have.

No comments: