Wednesday, February 27, 2013

We're not gonna take it

  So Kath and i made an announcement  on Get Your Geek On 2 weeks ago. The announcement was that we were  quitting. So what brought this on? Didn't i love doing the show? Well yeah of course i loved  doing the show. Unfortunately over the past year little things kept adding up. More and more i was getting frustrated. None of our shows were going up on our site. Every week i would get people  asking me how they could listen to the shows when they missed the live show. Everytime i would shrug and look like an idiot. I confided in a couple of friends who kept telling me i had to move on. I remained loyal to gygo even though i was getting more and more annoyed.

  So about a month ago. Something hapenned that really set me off. Without going into  the gory details i did what i thought was a huge favor for the show and the station we were on. My hard work wasn't appreciated and i was put down in front of 2 brand new guests on the air. This caused me to actually walk out in the middle of the show. I went back after a few minutes because i didn't want to let people down. However i was fuming and i had trouble keeping my train of thought. The show went on though.


  The next day  a buddy of ours John Bulmer who i had met through the show had heard what  occurred and asked us over for dinner. We discussed what we wanted out of a geek show and where we wanted to take things. We definitely wanted  more people to hear what we had to say.  We decided a podcast would be the way to go. So a decision  was made to partner up with John and Another friend Ryan Mcnab. We formed a production company and named it Mc Meatball Stew productions. We would be doing a podcast and not a live show. We just had to come up with a name. We threw a few names out there and then my 7 year old Diana piped up with We Got The Geek. We all fell in love with the name.  We had a couple of hurdles to  over come. We had to set up a new web site and get some proper equipment. When that happenned I would be comfortable quitting Gygo.

To Be Continued.....


No comments: