Sunday, June 16, 2013

Niagara Falls comic con day one

  Hey gang. While I'm in such a good mood I want to tell you about this years experience at the Niagara Falls Comic con. It was a 2 day event this year. It's certainly grown from the small even it began as 2 years ago. Our friend Paul outdid himself this year. We were lucky enough to go both days. On free comic book day we got a special deal where we bought Saturday tickets and got Sunday tickets for free. Sweet deal. It was the first time Kath and i would be going to  more than a day of a con. We were denied press passes despite our best attempts. We still went in We Got the Geek  mode and we were able to get some  great  interviews.

  Saturday was insanely busy. Lots of people. At one point the building was at capacity and they weren't letting a lot of people in. I'm not a big fan of large crowds and neither is Kath. She set up camp in the lobby and i took Diana around to shop. I was able to find 2 really cheap graphic novels. I  like saving money. I;m a big fan of that. Kath and i decided that we would do all our interviews and work for the podcast on Sunday. We scheduled interview times with  everyone for the following day.


 We got to see a bunch of our friends and family on the first day. My mom and nephew showed up. It was my mom's first con and she loved it. Our friends John and Kristen had booths there. We got to hang out with them for a bit. Lots to see there. The bat mobile and General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard were there. Very cool. It was a great day and we didn't spend a lot of money!! In part 2 I'll tell you about our interviews on 2 the second day and why we feel very welcome in the geek community!

No comments: