Sunday, April 20, 2014

Geek fest trivia

  Shit. I have really been slacking with the blog. I wrote once this year and that was to resolve unfinished business from last year. I feel like writing something positive.  I think I'll tell you all about a project that is taking up a lot of my time and energy--but in a good way.


  As you all know Kath and I have a pod cast called We Got The Geek. Prior to that we had been involved with a live internet show about geek related issues.  Kath and I have always wanted to put on an event of some type  to get our name out there.  We brought this up to our good friends Darren and Alex. Alex and Kath had put on some craft shows and stuff like that. Alex suggested a geek trivia night. She had been to several trivia events and they are very popular. I thought about it for a few minutes and weighed the pros and cons. I came to the conclusion that this would be a good thing. I also wanted to hold a cosplay contest. We know a lot of people who are into  dressing up as characters from movies and comic books and i have always loved seeing people dress up at the various cons we attend.

  The next day Alex had booked us a hall on April 27th and we were off to the races. We're calling it Geekfest trivia night and it also includes dinner. Lucky for us Pulp Comics, Mostly comics and sketchbook comics agreed to sell tickets for us. We've had people jump on board to donate prizes. We are so excited. We've been working on it for the last 8 weeks and it goes on a week from today. Its going to be a blast. So that's where my head has been for the last few months. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out,

No comments: