Saturday, December 31, 2011

Friendship is rare

Gonna give a shout out to 3 of my best friends who i got in touch with this week. First of all i will go on record as saying that i suck when it comes to writing to friends. I also am not a phone guy. I used to love talking to friends on the phone in my younger days but in my adult years not so much.


First of all i heard from my buddy Scott. I think we may have wrote once in all of 2011. Scott moved to England years ago. We both admit that we suck at the emailing. I always have so much i want to tell him but i am far to lazy to write. We wrote a couple of times this week. His emails always make me laugh.

Speaking of Scott back in 1988 he introduced me to another long time awesome friend--Andrea. We've been through a lot together over the last 23 years. I did actually get to hang out with her once this year at The Barney Bentall show in July. We also saw him 20 years ago in 1991. I know she reads the blog so i will go on record as stating we will hang out more in 2012. There's a ton of cool movies coming out that we should all attend. Kath and i were going to all kinds of movies with her in the past but our stupid work schedules never seem to sync up anymore.

This brings me to my third shout out.I wrote to my friend Allison for the first time in 2011 on Christmas eve. Man back in the old days we were actually writing letters to each other the old fashioned way. We've been friends since the early 80's and one of very few people i still talk to from high school. I think i may have dropped a mention a time or 2 that she suggested i try my hand at blogging in the first place. I just found out her daughter is going to be 12.That makes me feel really old as i remember her writing to me to tell me she was pregnant. I think at the time i had only been dating Kath for a few weeks.

Anyhow i just wanted to say that although i may have slacked in the writing department i consider the 3 of you to be really awesome and i am lucky that after all these years you consider me a friend. I am going to try harder in 2012 to stay in touch a little more often. I apologize in advance if at the end of 2012 i am writing an entry like this again.

No comments: