Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 resolutions

 Ok the moment i know you have all been looking forward to  Jay's 2013 New Years resolutions. But first a recap of last years resolutions

Jay's 2012 new years resolutions

1) I'm dead serious about losing weight this year. My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds before Wizard World in August. I want to lose at least 20. If i cut all the crappy food i should be able to do it. Fingers crossed

2) i want the show to keep going. I want more interviews this year. I want to broadcast live from assorted geek events

3) ok i know i need to chill out at work. I hate the job but i have a family to support. If i have to be there i should try and be happy about it

4) i think i should take another crack at inventing time travel. I want to travel back to meet the guy who coined the phrase "the customer is always right." and punch him in the balls

5) ok i'm running out of party of 5 actresses to have a 3 way with. I think Paula Devicq who played the maid is still left so lets say her. I do have the full support of my lovely wife Kath. Seriously.

So how did i do?  Well lets see


1) i did lose the weight!  Then i gained it all back! The first part of 2012 i stayed on track and lost some weight. Then i gave up. It was a stressful year between the van and new car and losing a tooth and a cat among other things.

2) Well we did keep gygo going. We switched to a 3 hour format in March. Many friends came on the show. We got to broadcast live from Pulp comics on free comic book day. We also did a live show at the Buffalo comic con. We were invited back to Wizard World and i got to interview the lovely Catharine Mary Stewart as well as ask Scott Bakula from Quantum Leap a question. Besides my family  doing the show is where i get my greatest happiness from.

3) i was actually able to chill at work a little bit. I got switched to making outbound calls to new customers. Not all the customers are angry like before so the stress has gone down a bit.

4) yeah the time travel thing never panned out. If it had i would have gone back to the 1970's to buy all the toys i trashed as a kid so i could re sell them mint in the box in 2012. I did get my kid into Back to the future which is a movie about time travel. Does that count?

5) Believe it or not i wasn't able to convince Paula Devicq that a three way was in her best interest.  So i am 0 for 4 at bedding actresses  from the smash hit show Party of 5.


Ok its time for the 2013 resolutions


1) take the weight off and leave it off. Gut is srting to look really big now and drooping over the belt. Not cool. Very Boss Hogg like.

2) I want gygo to get bigger and better. I want more live show and more convention opportunities. Some more celebrity guests would be cool. I want to have a good time doing the show.

3) A new job? Less stress would be a good thing.

4) Join Bruce Springsteen on stage to sing Badlands?

5) Would love to take Diana to another concert--maybe another 80's hero!

6) Do a better job of keeping in touch with friends then i've been doing. Life is to short. My friends make me happy.

7) try to have a better year than 2012 turned out to be


8) well i am out of lead actresses from party of 5 to have a three way with. Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lacey Chabert, Neve Campbell and Paula Devicq all didn't happen. So with the magic of imdb i will search for someone who was a guest star on Party of Five.  Well lookee what we have here. Patricia Heaton from Everybody loves Raymond was a guest star on 3 episodes. Ok then maybe a 3 way with her. As always i have the love and support from my lovely wife Kath.


No comments: