Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years eve 2000

 My thoughts are going to New Years eve 2000. I was working at the Donut Diner--a crappy coffee place that was open all night. My stupid boss wouldn't let me have the night off even though  i had asked for it off 3 months earlier. Oh yeah it was new years eve and there were no customers. I was pissed. Lucky for me i have awesome friends so Kath and Mike and Kim and Trish and Salena showed up. They brought booze and food and it was cool. There were no customers so i didn't have to do any work. I was cranking the radio and  i remember the station i had on playing Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. Then the one low light of the evening happened. My stupid boss showed up--drunk out of his skull. He parked his car  in the middle of the drive through and left his lights on. We hid all our food and booze and i pretended i was busy. He  gave me the old 20 questions and asked why there was no customers. Hmmm maybe because it was New years eve you jack ass. Anyhow he eventually left and i rang in the new year with my friends and future wife.

No comments: