Tuesday, December 11, 2012

And it looks like we made it to the end--of the monkees review

  So getting back to the review. Yes the Monkees played their own instruments. Peter Tork was probably the best musician on the stage. He played guitar,bass,banjo and keyboards. Dolenz was so great on the drums and probably had the strongest voice of the three. I seriously couldnt believe that  hey were all pushing 70. they sure didn't act like it the way they were moving around the stage and what not. They even played the entire soundtrack to their film Head. Nesmith kicked ass on Circle sky and tork rocked on Do i have to do this all over again. Following that we were shown a video montage of Davey Jones interviews which made me tear up a little. As soon as it was over and the lights came on we heard the beginning of the best known monkees song that Davey was a part of--Daydream Believer. Kath had a hard time with this as Davey was her favorite and she went through a little bit of kleenex. I have to admit it was sad. So who would be singing the song? Mickey  then said they couldn't sing it as the song didn't belong to them anymore. They invited a fan onstage to sing it. The encore included Nesmith's Listen to the band and the classic Pleasant valley Sunday. It was such a great show. I've seen about 150 shows in my life give or take. I would rank this in the top 5. I had such a great time and the smile on my face never went away. I really hope this isn't the last time we see these guys play together. I hope that one day these guys make the rock and roll hall of fame. They certainly deserve it. I finally got to see Michael Nesmith in concert. I can now die happy--when I'm a much older man of course!!  Before i go here is the setlist for this 2 hour extravaganza.

No comments: