Monday, March 25, 2013

Farewell to Gygo

  So February 18th was upon us. I invited Bulmer,Kristen and Hunter on. They all knew what was coming. I was really nervous i was going to quit  on the air. It was something i had loved doing. I was tired of the way i was being treated on my show. I was tired that my vision of the show just wasn't happening. I wanted people to actually be able to listen to us. It was time to quit Gygo. One cool thing happened before air time. Kath was supposed to work but then got the night off. This was good i needed all the support i could get.

 So the show started at 7 and i was actually having a good time. For a change the show was going great. This was pretty ironic as this was to be our last show. Then i started to panic. Did i really want to quit? I was having second thoughts. There was 5 minutes left in the show and i went for it. As much as i wanted to be out of this and move on to our next venture i wasn't a dick about it and i didn't point fingers. I said my piece and i thought it was a great farewell speech. I thought i was going to puke and cry the whole time. While i was in the middle of quitting  my phone started getting a massive amount of texts and my facebook messages started lighting up. My friends were concerned and happy for me at the same time. The speech ended i concluded with a line Billy Joel uses to end his concerts--"don't take any shit from anybody."The final song was a really nice Ray Charles song i had first heard on the final episode of the 80's series Moonlighting called We'll Be Together Again. I was hoping this would be true when our pod cast started--that everyone would join us there.  By the way the final speech was recorded by Kath and you can see it here   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Mbl3JdoUE

  So nothing was said when the show ended. I wasn't asked for an explanation as to what brought this decision on or what was going on in my head. I hadn't been happy in a year and the incident in January cemented my desire to move on.  Gygo was done and it was now on to my next adventure with our new partners John and Ryan.

No comments: