Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Wonderland My Ass


Well as we all know we finally got hit with snow really hard over the last few days. It started blowing around and coming down hard on Friday. Now a normal human being would have just stayed home but not the Stewart family! We had to start Christmas shopping on December 19th! Good news is we didnt die, However i had to shovel three times that day! I'm out of shape so i was huffing and puffing and sweating like Chris Farley on a summers day! This I'm sure contributed to the fact that I'm sicker than a dog and actually had to call in sick to work today. Those of you that have worked with me know this is a rare occurrence. I never call in sick as I enjoy getting a regular pay check. We went to Rochester for the weekend. We came home late last night after taking three and a half hours to get home From Rochester to Niagara Falls there was a bad storm. We drove maybe 20 miles an hour as couldnt see anything. It was in the car that i started to shiver and start to feel achy. So we finally get home and because we hadn't been there all weekend,our parking space was snowed in. I leapt out of the van and started shovelling as fast as i could. Just as i went to put the shovel away my body decided that it was time for me to blow chunks. If there ever was a sign that i wasnt going into work that was it. So now I'm missing out on 10 hours of pay. So to sum up if I may channel Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys for one moment, fuck you winter,fuck you snow , fuck you cold and fuck you pizza that came up after i finnished shovelling.

No comments: