Monday, October 29, 2012

Now I'm a Believer!

  One thing this month that did make me happy was--we got  tickets to see the Monkees in Buffalo on November 18th!  So i wrote here on the blog back in August that Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz were actually reuniting with Mike Nesmith. Nesmith hasn't done any shows with them since 1997. I figured i wouldn't be able to get tickets. We almost didn't.  Over a month ago tickets went on sale when we didn't have any cash. I read reports how all their concerts on this mini tour were selling out. I figured there was no way in hell i was gonna be able to see this once in a lifetime concert.

  Two Sundays ago  i see a message that Buffalo isn't sold out. I mentioned it to Kath and She asked if i wanted to go. The downside was we would have to wait until the following Friday when i got paid to see if there were any seats left. I was getting extra money for working Thanksgiving.  Ok still a longshot because there was only a couple hundred tickets left and we had to wait a week.

  While we were waiting for Friday, Kath asked me if i wanted to ask John  my friend of 30 years if he would be interested. I knew John was a fan and a huge Nesmith fan as well. John was in. Long story short, we got the tickets. I can't wait. I am so excited and its my first concert with John in a decade!


No comments: