Thursday, September 18, 2008

Holy I'm F'ing old


I just realized something today. I'm practically a senior citizen. First of all my goatee is almost all white. I'm starting to look like Uncle Jesse from the Dukes of Hazzard. The other night i tried to read an old comic to Diana and had to stop becasue the printing was to small. Oh and on more than one occasion I've said the phrase "thats not music that's noise"! Pretty soon I'm gonna be wearing a diaper and yelling at kids on the front porch. Oh and I'll probably wear my pants up to my armpits. Holy crap I'm gonna be 40 next year. How did that happen? When did i become an old fart? And man do i feel old when i hear a song on the radio and suddenly remember it came out 20 years ago when I was in high school. Oh well at least i still listen to all the hip current bands like Huey Lewis and the Monkees.

On a lighter note my friend returned today and gave me a present,a nifty star wars key chain. Seeing her put me in a good mood. A lot of you probably know I'm a shy dude and have a hard time meeting new friends. Most of my friends i met back in high school. So i do appreciate the fact that i was able to make a friend at work in the last couple of years. wow could i use the word friend again? Joey Tribianni was my favorite character on friends.


Speaking of the show Friends. Anyone remember the episode of friends when Chris Parnell thought Chandler's name was Toby? He had been calling Chandler Toby for so many years that it was to late to correct him. Funny thing is i have a simillar situation at work. There's a lady at work who always calls me John. She's been calling me that since i came back from parental leave in 2005. Its much too late to correct her now. So John it is.

Until next time Jay (or John if you will)

No comments: