Saturday, February 18, 2012

Made it to the weekend.

Thank God. I made it to the weekend. I had my doubts there for a bit. Customers were in fine form this week. A gentleman who sounded like Redd Foxx from sanford and son got into a yelling match with me today. Here's the dumb thing--i agreed with what he was saying and told him what he was saying was correct but he didn't see it that way. He said he wasn't comfortable talking to me because i didn't know what i was talking about. Um i was agreeing with what you were saying? Hello? I wasn't disputing a single thing he was saying. Everybody say it with me " the job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers!"


Speaking of ridiculous work crap. So Monday is family day-- a holiday that was made up less then 5 years ago. Tuesday we got an email saying that 50 of us could take the day off as a paid holiday. I jumped at the chance--a 3 day weekend? Yes please. I put in my request at noon that day and waited. I still hadn't heard back from my manager on Thursday afternoon. I had to let our babysitter know whether or not she would be taking Diana on Monday. Turns out my manager had emailed the request to the wrong department. Here's where it gets super dumb. My schedule for Monday changed today--i guess I'm getting most of Monday off. I have to go in at 8 at night and i'm done at--are you ready for this? 8:30. So I'm off all day and have to go to work for half an hour that night. So lame. Yay me.

No comments: