Thursday, April 12, 2012

Catherine Mary Stewart



Yesterday we received some good and bad news. Sunday is our annual trek to Wizard World. You may recall that this is the event where we get actual press passes and interview celebrities. We've been counting down to it since the last one ended. We put an interview request into Jerry the guy in charge of the event. I was very excited because Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell were going to be there for a Quantum Leap reunion. Leap is my favorite show of all time. Last week we were told they wouldnt be doing interviews with anybody. At least they are doing a quantum leap panel that we are planning to attend. We still had a list in of another 5 or 6 celebrities we wanted to talk to. We got our confirmation yesterday. The bad news? 5 of the celebrities won't grant us an interview. I won't say who said no. The good news? We still got one interview which even Diana reminded me is better than none. The actress who said yes is Catherine Mary Stewart and was in a number of high profile films in the 80's such as the Last Star fighter, weekend at Bernies and Night Of The Comet. Another good thing is that this year we know beforehand who we get to interview so I'm able to concentrate on some questions i want to ask her.

As an added bonus, I clicked yes to liking Catherine Mary Stewart's facebook group. Someone posted about her upcoming appearance in Toronto this weekend and i replied that we were looking forward to meeting her. What followed blew my mind. She personally commented on my comment. She mentioned she likes St Catharines where we live and that her brother went to Brock University here in town. She mentioned we should remind her that we posted in her group when we are at the con.What a small world and that comment alone leads me to believe that she is really nice. I literally can not wait to do this interview. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: