Monday, April 23, 2012

shitty shift bid

So i forgot to mention the results of the shift bid. There was a sheet of 150 shifts you could pick from. I needed something where i could walk Diana to school in the morning and have Sundays off to do the show. Sixty of them were awesome and another 30 i could work with if i had to. So 90 of the shifts were do able. I was 62 out of 150 people. This means i would choose 62'nd and was bound to get something that would be awesome right? At the very least i would get my 62'nd choice right? Wrong. I walked in and was given a sheet with my new shift on it. I started at 11 and was done at 7. Ok that solved the Diana issue. However they wanted me to work that shift on Sundays as well. Now i was going to be getting Friday and Saturday off which was nothing to sneeze at but i couldnt do Sunday. I told my manager who asked me--'you didn't pick this shift?' Why would i pick a shift that would interfere with the show? I didn't get anything in my top 90 and that pissed me off. How did they pick the shift then? I decided on my break i would go talk to the lady in charge of the shift bid. Before i could do that though my manager came back and said i could have sunday off but my other day off was something dumb like Tuesday or Wednesday. I then asked what if i got out of work an hour earlier on Sundays. Sure it was cutting it short but at least this way i had a fighting chance. So it was approved and now i work 10-6 on Sundays. It'll have to do. God forbid they go by seniority there. Oh well such is life i guess.

No comments: