Friday, April 27, 2012

Last crazy customer of the week

     So my last call of the day--and for the week was the craziest person i had spoken to in awhile.  It started off ok.  This lady called in and she  then began to ramble about how she wanted to cancel the internet because her daughter was always on it and not doing her chores. Ok whatever i could cut the service. Not a problem. Then i noticed the lady was on a 2 year contract--up in may to get a discounted rate on all of her services. So calmly  i told her--before i cancelled service that if she cancelled her cable and phone would increase in price and would be charged an early termination fee for cancelling the contract. I didn't feel like catching shit for not informing her about the early termination fee or etf if you will. Here's where this lady became a total Psycho and lost in on me. I'll try and transcribe what i remember about the conversation.


Crazy lady : so what are you trying to tell me?
Jay; if you cancel internet your other services will go up in price and you'll be charged for breaking contract


CL: You don't make sense
J: Well i see you've been under contract since october 2010 to get a discount
CL; I didn't sign a contract
J; No but it was a verbal agreement
CL; Then its not a contract
J; unfortunately its works like a contract
CL; Are you a lawyer? 
J; No but this is our policy
CL; Are you even in virginia?
J;?
CL; Just answer the question
J; No I'm not but i work for the virginia office
CL; i knew you weren't from Virginia. A Virginia representative would know what they're talking about and you don't
J(starting to get pissed but staying calm): Ma'am I do know what i'm talking about its my job to tell you what will happen if you cancel the contract'
CL; You are rude! i hope you get fired!
J: I'm sorry if you're taking it that way M'aam
CL; Do not call me Maam! Call me Laura Johnson! (i think that was her name)
J: ok laura johnson?
CL: the other person i talked to knew more than you do. They didn't mention an etf. Why is that?
J; I can't speak for another representative
CL; See you don't know how to do your job.
Meanwhile I'm looking at a screen that says she will be charged 50 bucks if she cancels service
CL; I'm gonna call back and mention that you did nothing but accuse me
J; im sorry what did i accuse you of?
CL: you accused me of having a verbal contract
J; i wasn't accusing you of that. That is the truth it says so on your account
CL: you're a bad employee
J: well you're a bad parent. (i didn't actually say that to her face but i was thinking it.


She hung up shortly after that making me sit there in disbelief wondering what the hell just happened. Great way to end the week i must say.
 

No comments: