Thursday, November 28, 2013

We don't have enough road to get up to 88.

  So October the 5th came. We had free tickets for a con that i really had no desire to go to. Diana got in free as well and we brought her friend Sarah as well. The best part of the day would be our interview with Claudia Wells from Back To The Future.  I had 10 questions ready and not all of then were Back To The Future related.  We jumped in the car and headed to the Hamilton convention centre.  We had been there for Con Bravo in July and had a great time.

  We arrived and went inside and then we realized that Diana's friend Sarah is terrified of crowds--especially ones that consist of people in weird costumes. She immediately had a panic attack. Kath had to go in the hall way with her to try and keep her calm. There was no way we'd be able to take her back in. I was gonna be on my own for the interview.

  Can i talk a little about the con set up? Lets see how can i put this nicely. It was a cluster fuck.Al the artists,vendors and celebrities were crammed into one room. At con bravo that one room was the artist alley. It was hard to move around in and they were letting people leave out the entrance. I wasn't a fan. I kind of like breathing.


  Nervously i approached Claudia Wells table. She was really busy so wanted to schedule the interview for later on in the day. Much like her email she was so nice. She is also gorgeous. See the pic i found online as an example of that. We talked for a few minutes and  it was decided that i should come back in two hours.I was in a good mood. Would that mood last?


  So we'll fast forward a couple hours. It was interview time. I had researched Claudia Wells stuff all week and i thought i had some awesome questions.  So i did my intro and asked the first question. She started to answer and then asked me to re start the interview. Oh shit. What had i done? I asked what was wrong and she said i had asked a question that she had answered many times and  wanted to know if i had any original questions. My heart sank. I checked out my questions and didn't know where to go to next. I began to sweat and um and ah a lot. So i nervously got through 5 of my 10 questions. I thought i had failed and i immediately went into shock. It felt like the worst interview i had ever done. In the middle of it  there was an announcement over the loud speaker. It kept getting worse. I concluded the interview and i thought i might cry. She thanked me for the interview and wanted us to send her a copy of it. I thanked her and left and still in shock i texted Kath. Kath told me not to worry and that she would work her editing magic.  Regardless i left that con in a bad mood vowing to never return.


  Fast forward a few weeks and Kath did edit up the interview and attached it to a recent back to the future show that we had done with John and a few others. As promised we sent Claudia Wells a copy of the interview. Guess what she did? She posted a link to it on her personal web site!!  Like i said she was a really nice lady and i guess i can understand that after 30 years you might get sick of answering the same questions. As for future cons?  We will continue to ask Chris for press passes. We ain't gonna give up that easy. We're making a name for ourselves and the other cons have been really supportive. I'm excited to see where We Got The Geek goes next year.

No comments: