Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our Sunday from hell

What a shitty day. It started off with a flat tire. Kath couldnt go into work. Later in the day a neighbour of ours Gary brought over an air compressor which pumped it up enough for us to get to a gas station. We bought a can of tire sealant which seemed to do the job. Kath missed work but is sure she can pick up extra hours.

Anyhow now we could do the show. Or so we thought. Someone just didnt want us doing a show this week. Rob and Matt were away on train rek radio business so I've been getting trained on how to produce. On top of that we had a guest drop out on us and Kath forgot her comics at work. We review comics on every show. With the flat we didnt know what we were going to do. Anyhow we got a new guest, We had back up comics and the tire got patched up. I thought i knew what i was doing when it came to producing. We got there, I set up everything thr way i was told and then Kath asked a simple question that i didnt have an answer for. The question was "how do we hear the show in the headphones?" Well i didnt have a clue. We must have fiddled with the board for an hour. Finally we got music coming through the headphones. I couldnt hear me but Kath could hear a distorted me. The screen that was suppossed to record the show wasnt recording anything. My friends who were listening said all they could hear was static. It was awesome. After an hour i said screw it and gave up. After all the crap we went through that week to get the show on the air and a technical difficulty took us out of the game. I was pissed.

So not a great day. Hoping the tire holds up until at least friday when we can buy a new one. I have the next five days off so i should be able to relax a little.

No comments: