Thursday, February 10, 2011

yelling at customers

So i almost got written up at work yesterday. A customer called in on Tuesday and asked for a supervisor. So what else is new. I was going to get him a supervisor after i checked the notes to see if i could de-escalate the call. I was being really nice and it looked like an easy situation to fix. So i started to tell him what i needed to do to fix the situation and he started hollering and being a douchebag. I still remained calm and tried to explain that i was a senior rep and was trying to understand what the situation was. He then went on a loud rant about supervisors and how dare i try and help and blah blah blah. So finally while he was ranting i cut him off and loudly said fine i will get a supervisor please hold. But then the a-hole hung up before i got a supervisor on the line. There was a whole history on his account about him hanging up on people. So i checked the account out and he got a rep right in Virginia and proceeded to tell them that i was yelling at him. The notes said they would have me reported. Pardon my french but fuck that. I was actually trying to help the guy.

The next day my supervisor takes me aside and tells me how disappointed he is in me. I told him i wasn't yelling at the customer. He says i raised my voice and you could tell i was pissed off. I'm not gonna lie i was pissed off. So i am never gonna try and help anyone again if they are requesting a supervisor. I wasn't written up but was told if it happens again i will be. So i just have to keep my nose clean for a month until i get moved over to cell phones. Thats it for now but i'll be back later with more tales from the darkside

No comments: