Monday, July 25, 2011

Blue Jays fan for life

i was just watching the major league baseball hall of fame ceremony. I've never watched it before but tuned in this time. What made me watch it this year? Roberto Alomar was being inducted. He was a member of the Toronto blue jays my favorite team. He played in the early 90's for the Jays and helped them win 2 back to back world series. He was the first Jay in the history of the hall of fame so far. I have to admit i teared up a little bit listening to his speech. I remember when they won that first world series back in 1992 and being glad to be Canadian. The 1993 world series was even more exciting. Of course they haven't won since and in recent years its really been tough to be a fan. Back then though was a magical time. I've been to several games over the years with Kath but haven't been since Diana was one. I would love to take Diana to a game someday.

No comments: