Friday, July 29, 2011

Dealers-worse than hitler?

Work sucked today. Big surprise huh? I had a run in with a dealer today. To sum up he fucked up an order,i fixed it but not the way he wanted and then reported me to a supervisor. He called up and couldn't figure out why he couldn't port a phone number over from another phone company. I don't now what he was doing but i had no problem doing it. Then he springs another port on the same work order on me. So i did it. Then he demands a family plan be put on the account. A family plan is when you have more than one phone line on an account and we give a five dollar a month credit. Well he didn't tell me at the beginning of the call that there were 2 phone lines involved. If there is a port in progress we can't make any changes to the account--including adding a family plan. Ports generally take about 3 hours to complete. I advised that in 3 hours the customer could call back and we could add the family plan and they would get there 5 dollar a month credit. Well that wasn't good enough for the dealer and he wanted me to give the customer a credit right then and there. I advised i couldn't validate an extra credit as he would be getting one applied in 3 hours. Well apparently i wasn't doing my job and i had to do what he said and i better get a supervisor. I calmly tried to explain things to him but he didnt want to hear it. Meanwhile lets sum up--the dealer couldn't do his job in the first place and i had to add the line then he neglected to tell me upfront that there were 2 lines involved. Fucker never even thanked me for fixing the problem. The supervisor got on the line and totally took my side. Did i mention i hate the dealers? I seriously do. They suck. End of story

No comments: