Monday, November 21, 2011

Dealers= fun


So have i mentioned how much i dislike the dealers at our cell phone stores? They always call in and they don't know what they're doing.They never want to finish their own work orders or credit the customers. They constantly make mistakes on the account and sometimes we can't fix it on our end. When we can't fix it on our end they get really pissed off at us. I always kid that i want to go to dealer school because it seems like an easy gig.

Anyhow on Friday i had to go all Jack Bauer on a dealer. The dealer was trying to cheat the customer out of a refund. We have a policy that if you don't like the service or if you have any issues then you can return the phone within 14 days after purchase and get a refund on the equipment. The service itself is a different situation. If you want a refund for the service then you have to return the phone within 7 days and you cn't be over 30 texts or 30 minutes of talk time.

So a customer called me and the dealer had refused him a credit for the phone. It was 3 days after he bought it so he was well within his right to ask for a credit. However he was over the 30 minutes so he wasn't going to get a credit for the service. The customer understood that. He asked me to talk to the dealer. No problem. Here's what i heard in the background

customer to dealer: "can you talk to him?"
dealer: "no he can call me back if he wants to talk to me."

what the hell? Who is that being helpful to?

cust to me: " he says you need to call him back.


screw that so like i said i reached down deep inside and channeled my inner Jack Bauer

Me: "no put him on he's going to talk to me now."

dealer gets on the line all cocky and obviously doesn't know what he's doing. He's confused the return policy of the phone with the return policy of the service and tells me he's not crediting the phone itself because the customer is over the 30 minutes of talk time. So i explain--slowly i might add--the policy of returning the phone

Dealer: "so what do you want me to do about it?

Me pissed by this point: "You're going to refund the nice customer for his phone."

I'm not sure if i helped or not.I don't think the dealer ever processed what i was saying. I would love to be a fly on the wall at dealer school. I've yet to meet a helpful dealer.

No comments: