Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hanging out with the kid

Hey folks. Yesterday while walking Diana to school i ran into Rachel. She mentioned that i needed to blog again. I think i have a few blogs in me today. One sad and one happy. Lets start with the happy one.

Saturday was pretty great. It was the last saturday that I'm going to have off for awhile. I got to sleep in and spend the day with Diana. I was still in training hours last week so i was only seeing Diana in the morning when i took her to school--40 minutes a day tops. Poor kid would fall asleep on the couch waiting for me to come home from work. I would wake her and carry her upstairs to go to sleep in her room. It really sucked.

Saturday was cool. We walked to Macdonalds for lunch and then went to value village to buy a kids book based on the superman cartoon of the 90's. Diana and i watched that whole series on dvd last year. The book was only a dollar! i couldn't believe it. We picked up some chocolate and came home and watched some cartoons we had taped and played some games. She was really good all day.

Did i mention that Diana is getting really awesome with her reading? She read me a whole comic book the other day. It was so cool and I'm so proud of her. She's growing up way to fast. I can't believe she's gonna be 6 next month. Where does the time go?

Anyhow Saturday rocked but Sunday was coming my first non training day on the floor and i was pretty nervous. More on that later.

No comments: