Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Much music =no videos

Hey there. I'm in day 2 of a great mood at work. Hope it continues. On an unrelated topic, when i was walking home from taking Diana to school something popped into my head. I really miss music videos. I'm not sure why that thought popped into my head. Maybe its because i sat Duran Duran on a talk show singing Rio. By the way how is it that their first album came out 30 years ago? Yeah i don't feel old or anything.

So i was just remembering that in the 80's even before much music and mtv there used to be at least a half a dozen shows that would play music videos. I remember coming home from school and watching Toronto Rocks and video Hits. It was always cool seeing a new video from Bily Joel or Huey Lewis or whoever i was into. Late at night on Fridays there was friday night videos and good rockin tonight. I remember seeing my first springsteen video on friday night videos in 1984 and i've been a fan ever since.

Nowadays you can really only see videos online on places like you tube. A lot of my favorite singers don't make videos anymore. Much music barely plays videos anymore. Makes me feel sad.

No comments: