Monday, May 30, 2011

Farewell my little orange buddy.


I've been putting off writing about it but it might make me feel better writing about it. Something awful happened on Saturday morning. We lost a member of the Stewart family. Hesh my cat of 17 years ago passed away. He was old and i know that recently he was slowing down. It still came as a shock.

I noticed on Thursday that Heshy was just laying around. He started meowing a lot and it sounded like he was crying. I started getting a really bad feeling. In recent times he was moving slower and not getting out of the way. I came home for lunch on Friday and i noticed he was laying on the floor in the same spot i had left him in the morning. I got him some cheese and he ate it but i still felt bad and i had to go back to work. I put him on the couch and went back to my stupid job.

I sent Kath a text and told her i was worried. She text me later when she got home and said he was still laying there and meowing. I came home and put him back on the couch and gave him some more cheese and tried to make him comfortable. I sat on the floor beside the couch and just kept petting him and telling him everything would be ok and that i loved him. At this point i had a really bad feeling that he wouldn't make it through the night. I decided i would sleep on the couch with him instead of going to bed upstairs. He was curled at one end and i went to the opposite end. As i laid down and shut off the light the poor little guy actually got up and snuggled up to me between my legs like he used to. It broke my heart. I'm tearing up as i write this. Anyhow i turned off the light but i didn't get much sleep. I kept checking to make sure he was still breathing. I dozed off a little bit. God bless our other cat Merlin. Usually if he saw Hesh and i laying on the couch he would jump up to. This time he took a look and layed down on the floor beside the couch. I think he knew.

Shortly after 8 i awoke to hear Heshy meowing a lot. I started petting him and a few minutes later he was gone. Kath was around to and we both started crying. I had him for so long and he was the first living creature i had raised. I had him for all the big moments in my life. Kath was around for 12 years of his life. He really was a good cat and just a nice little friendly family member. I loved him a lot. I know he's up in heaven with our other little buddy Barney who we lost 3 years ago. I'll always remember him and look back on our time together fondly.

No comments: