Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stupid good for nothing dealers

Back to work Sunday and Monday and what a miserable experience. I was trying to keep it together on Monday because my manager usually qualities one of my calls. The first half of the shift was kinda sorta ok. Then after lunch i was pissed off. First of all i had a bad tooth ache which was hurting the whole right side of my face and head. Then it was call upon call of dealers not listening to what i had to say. Why do you call us if you don't wanna listen? Eventually i just started sounding angry on every call. Here's a quick exerpt from a dealer call

Dealer: A customer is here at the store checking to see if we can port his phone number from his phone company to ours

Me: No problem i can check and see if its portable

Dealer-I already did that.

Me: ok (sounding confused)

D: They don't have their account number from the old company

Me: I'll check with a supervisor and see if there's a way around that.

I check with a supervisor and go back to dealer

Me: ok we just need the serial number of the phone if they don't have the account number

D: (clearly not listening to me)but what about the account number?

Me: the customer doesnt need it just the serial number

D: But they don't have the account number.

i swear i repeat this at least 3 or 4 more times

D: but we don't know if the phone is portable.

Me: (Now i'm really getting pissed) i thought you said you checked that already

D: checkered? (yeah that's what i said --checkered)

Me: at the beginning of the call i said i would check to see if we could port the number and you said you did that already

D:(now lying to me) I never said that

the call goes on at least another 5 minutes making this a 15 minute call that didn't need to be more than 2 minutes


Later on in the night i had a guy i was trying to give instructions to get his voice messages working. I was going through a long list of steps he should be doing on his phone and it seemed like he was doing it. Then at the end he asks--did you want me to try this now? Then asks for the instructions again. I sarcastically ask--do you think you might want to write the instructions down this time? Hoping thats not the call that gets qualitied--i read if you sound sarcastic on a call you will fail and get a zero. So that'll be nice. I'm just happy to be home listening to music and blogging. I do like my days off. I'l worry about my possible zero mark when i go back Thursday.

No comments: