Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Get Your Flood on

Sunday arrived and it kicked my ass. I hadn't slept well the past few days. I had been up with Hesh and working the rest of the time. Sunday at work was so horrible. Customers were mad, dealers were rude and on several occasions i felt really dumb again. Am i ever gonna get the technical stuff? My calls are always long. I'm in the bottom 20. There's no way I'm gonna get a shift i want come July when the shift bid happens. I was really feeling rough. The only thing getting me through the day was Get your geek on. We'd be doing a new show at 8 with local artist John Bulmer. Little did i know that was gonna suck to.

Man i was excited for the show. There was going to be a lot of people listening. I got home from my shitty day at work and i was anxious to get started. Rob and John arrived and we started right on time. Show was going great. We were all in a groove and there was even new people in our get your geek on chat room. I was happy. Then around quarter after 9 disaster struck. There was massive thunder and lightning outside and the rain was coming down very hard. We noticed that water started seeping out of the window and down the couch. Not cool. We looked in the window well and it was filling up rapidly. So while still on the air i ran out in the pouring rain to bail out the window well. My arms and legs still hurt 2 days later. I was completely soaked. Rob and John stopped the leak inside. By the time i got inside there was only 10 minutes of show left. I was wet, sore and pissed off. But i made it through the weekend and i had 3 days off coming up to hang out with Kath and my friends. Fingers crossed its gonna be an awesome week.

No comments: