Sunday, January 18, 2009

Comic Books:Not just for geeks anymore!


Hey kids. First of all was thrilled to hear that yet another person reads my blog-my friend Maria. That's four people! Hope to get it up to five by years end. I have such lofty dreams. Anyhow Maria is a school teacher and she read my blog about Diana being into comics. She was thinking of trying to get her students into reading by introducing them to comic books. I think that is very cool. I still remember getting my first comics when i was a kid, When I was five my parents got me a Superman and a Spiderman comic. Of course i could kick myself now. The SPiderman issue was the first appearance of the Punisher and is worth big bucks now. I think i had the cover ripped off that book within the month. Oh well. Anyhow i gave Maria some suggestions on some books the kids might like-pretty much the kid friendly stories Diana loves. Don't think the kids are ready for watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns. Wow my blog may be responsible for helping kids develop reading skills--or turning them into geeks like me. I'm happy with either outcome!

No comments: