Sunday, January 11, 2009

Like Father Like Daughter



Ok I lied i also smiled at one other thing today. I`ve done my job well. My daughter is a nerd. Anyone that knows me is aware i am a geek
. I`ve been reading comics since i was five years old. I make a weekly trek to the comic store. I collect 3 comic book series for Diana and we read them at bed time. There`s one series called the tiny titans which is basically the kid versions of super heros.
Anyhow there is a new Batman cartoon starting today. Basically on every episode Batman will team up with a different super hero. A lot of the team ups are with really obscure characters. So Diana saw an ad in her comic for the cartoon and i told her we were taping the episode today. Kath brought the cartoon up today and Diana got all excited and just started naming all the characters. I think this was the conversation

Kath: Hey Diana your new Batman cartoon starts today
Diana: yeah and it has Flash and Green Arrow and Blue Beetle and Aquaman with a beard!
Kath: (to me) well i hope youre happy!

Actually I am happy and after Diana has her bath we`re going to curl up on the couch-maybe with some popcorn and watch the Batman cartoon and also the season premiere of the Spiderman cartoon.

2 comments:

Kath said...

I'm glad you're please with yourself. Our perfect little angel is a comic-book geek.

Ah, I can't hide in the blame on this one...."if we have a girl, can we name her after wonder woman?"

:D love you baby!! :D

Kelsey said...

LoL, I still say we need to get our superhero geeks together, it'll be love at first sight! Ben is over the moon about all superheros. He talks non stop about them. His current favorite movie is the new avengers. My mom once bought him a batman towel (with the hood and ears) he slept with it for two weeks!

oh and Hi JAY!!