Tuesday, June 19, 2012

F'ed in the a 3: an extra half an hour a day

  Hey do you think  something bad happened  on Thursday to? You're damn right. I started my shift off by checking my break schedule and saw that instead of being off at 7 i was now off at 7:30. This must have been a mistake as i noticed that the day before i was also scheduled at 7:30 but went home at 7. So i called over a manager to see what was going on and was told--oh no one talked to you about this? It appears that everyone at work must now work an extra  half an hour a day-everyday. Way to spring this in the middle of the week and a few weeks before the stupid shift bid. I was asked if this would be an issue and o i mentioned i can't work the extra half an hour on Sunday. I needed to be out at 6 on sunday to get home to prepare for get your geek on at 7. I had an arrangement to get out at 6 and this sucked. An email was sent to our operations manager. Its now Tuesday and I'm still waiting for an answer. Needless to say i had to haul ass out of there at 6;30  on Sunday.

Oh yeah one other  lousy thing happened at work this week. So we now have the thankless task of trying to sell our services to customers. Seeing how we also have a sales department and for 9 years havent had to do sales i am against it. We have small sales we can make like a movie channel. We also have big sales we can make like cable or internet service. We get a little bit of money for each sale. If we don't get 6 big sales during the month we dont get paid for any of the smaller sales. Fair right? It gets better. I was told by my friend Deb that if we don't get the 6 sales we will get written up and catch shit. If it happens a few times we risk getting fired. No one has come to talk to me about this. I suck at the sales. I got 6 sales2 months ago and 3 last month. Its hard man. All the customers are pissed off about their bills already and i hate trying to sell them stuff. Good times. I think i have my 6 sales this month. Fingers crossed.

No comments: