Saturday, June 23, 2012

One for Andrea

  Howdy folks. So i emailed my friend Andrea recently. I haven't seen her in about a year.  I'm pretty sure that  next year will mark a quarter of a century that we've been friends. Time flies. She is a faithful reader of the blog. I feel like i have been slacking off on the blog for awhile. So Andrea this is for you,
 We have a mutual love of movies and we've seen a ton of them together over the years. I was remembering a specific film we went to 15 years ago in 1997. What made it so memorable to me? Was it the chemistry between Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones? The aliens? The awesome special effects? Nope. It was the fact that i went despite having food poisoning.

  I was working at K.F.C. at the time. The job was pretty bad, I still have nightmares about it from time to time and i stopped working there 14 years ago. Anyhow it was lunch time at k.f.c and i chose to have a macaroni salad. A large macaroni salad. It was to be the only thing i ate that day. Shortly after lunch i began feeling sick to my stomach. I rushed to the washroom and repeated this at least a dozen more times during the afternoon. Despite spending most of the day sick in the washroom, my boss refused to let me go home. Anyhow i had plans to go with Andrea and a few of her friends to go see Men In Black after work, Instead of calling and cancelling i decided to go. Andrea came to pick me up and i was as white as a ghost with really dark circles under my eyes. I'm sure i must have smelled of throw up. So  i insisted that i still go to the movie and when we arrived there even bought a huge bag of sour candy. I probably didn't touch the candy for a few days. I don't remember a lot about the movie. I spent most of the movie shivering. I had the chills pretty bad and i think i broke out in a cold sweat. Good times. Fast forward 15 years to 2012 and i finally got to see the movie again. It was almost like a brand new movie.  Still can't believe how dumb i was going to the movie that sick. Oh well. Until next time, have a great day everyone.

No comments: