Monday, May 17, 2010

R.i.p. Not Barney

The other day we got a knock on the door. Turns out it was Nancy my neighbour. She asked if we had a cat and then gave us some litter and food. Iguess her cat had recently passed away. Her cat was really cool. He would come to the back window and hesh would bat the window with his paw and the other cat would do the same. The fascinating thing to me is that the cat looked like a cat we used to have who passed away a few years ago. Barney was his name. He was a really nice friendly cat who i had for 14 years. He passed when Diana was 2 i think. Diana was convinced that it was Barney the cat that was coming to visit Hesh at the window. She was convinced I was letting Barney live outside.
Nancy's cat was cool. He would get on the top of our fence and leap onto her balcony. Anyhow i don't know why but i teared up a bit. I know what its like to lose a pet and i felt bad for her. I started thinking about Barney to. I started thinking back to when Diana was a baby and she would lay on my chest with Barney and watch Stargate with me. I think we're gonna get her a sympathy card. We're not sure what the cats name was. We thought it was Pickles but it turns out Pickles is another cat in the complex.

No comments: