Saturday, June 19, 2010

An F'ed up day off

Yesterday i had a day off with Kath and Diana. I hate to say it but it started out really f'ed up. Kath had woken up with a knee that had somehow popped out of joint. It happenned to her once a couple years ago and it somehow fixed itself when she was walking around. She called in sick to work because she could barely walk. So i walked Diana to work and when i got home my neighbour Nancy sees me and asks do you have any issues with me? I guess she had yelled hello out her window at me when i was taking the kid to school but i hadnt heard her. I was thinking about Kaths knee at the time. Anyhow i told Nancy i didnt have a problem with her and assurred her she was the coolest neighbour i ever had. After a few hours Kath decided that we should go get groceries and maybe holding onto a cart and walking would pop her knee back in place.
We picked up a tensor bandage and within half an hour Kath was ok again. She could walk--it was a miricle!

So we brought the groceries home and then i noticed a hissing sound. What the hell? I look in the cupboard and one of our bottles of pop had sprung a nasty leak. Pop everywhere. Somehow i salvaged a whole glass of pop out of it.

The rest of the day went smoothly. Got some tv in and planned a trip to Rocjester next week. Hoping to take yammy to see toy story 3 in the theater while we're there. Anyhow have a good night folks.

No comments: