Monday, June 7, 2010

iron girl and the stewarts fun day


I'm in a bad mood so i will talk about our awesome day yesterday. I'm hoping this will cheer me up. Lets hope.

So yesterday morning Kath and Diana and my nephew Russell and i packed into the van and went to Toronto. Why you may ask? It was fan appreciation day held by toronto comicon. It was pretty cool. We got free passes from our comic book store and i invited Russell along because i knew he had a good time at fan expo last year. He even made me proud. He bought the whole Blackest Night series! I found a lot of great deals as well. I actually bout some books that helped me complete 2 series. Also got Diana a great deal as well. One of the vendors had a gi normous basket of toys--2 toys for 5 dollars total! Diana picked 2 sets of action figurew. There were 3 figures in each pack. She got Superman and Supergirl and wonder girl and various teen titans. Speaking of Diana. check out the picture i included. She dressed as Iron girl! Man i love my kid.

We also got to meet a writer by the name of Greg Rucka who has written everything from Superman to Wonder woman to wolverine. Kath had him sign a couple of books. We also gave some get your geek on flyers to some independent artists who we will try and get on our show.
What an awesome day capped off by our show. Too bad the good mood had to end when i went back to work today. Oh well such is lifei guess.

No comments: