Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jay turns into the hulk


Wow i have a day off and not a moment too soon. What an awful week. I wasn't expecting so many bastards calling in after Christmas. Yesterday i actually got so pissed off i yelled at a customer. In my defense she had told me to go "fuck myself" several times.
The call had started out ok. I was completely calm and nice. The lady calling had been shut off. She was a couple of months late. I was doing my best to be understanding and i was even going to give her an extention. Then i realized she had 6 extentions this year and we're really only allowed to give 4. The notes for the last extention stated it was a one time courtesy. I told her all of this and that's when she started yelling and stating she didn't care what i was seeing in the notes.

Then all of a sudden she mentioned she had made a payment in November with her bank. Hmmm why would you neglect to tell me this at the beginning of the call? Ok so i tried to explain that if it cleared her bank she will need to fax in something called a transmittal report so we can search for the payment. Nope that answer wasn't good enough. She wanted a supervisor to get on the phone and magically find the missing payment. Again i tried to reason with her stating i could get a supervisor but these are the procedures she will need to do to find a payment she claimed cleared through her bank. Then she kept repeating supervisor now! very loudly in my ear. Then she kept counting how many times she had bellowed for a supervisor while i stupidly kept trying to talk. By the time she yelled ten times! in my ear the smart a"ss part of my brain kicked in. Never a good thing at my job. I yelled back --"eleven! I started yelling at this point, "look i will get you a supervisor but there's no need to be rude to me." That met with (you guessed it) Twelve times! I don't know why i kept trying to explain our policies. She continued to yell. Finally i said i would get a manager and sarcastically said "merry christmas." Her answer to that? "go fuck yourself." And then i lost it. "what did you say to me?" it was like the scene in Back to the Future 2 where Griff called Marty Mcfly chicken. "you heard what i said." "no i'm hard of hearing would you care to repeat what you said to me." finally she said 'i told you to go fuck yourself asshole." "maam i'm not going to tolerate being treated that way." Then i hung up. A supervisor was standing there as i hit the release button. My face was red and i was shaking. I was that pissed off. I told the supervisor what she had said to me and that was that.

I read the notes of the next representative she spoke with. No mention was made of our conversation even though i had written a mini novel in her notes. Then big surprise i read she had given a different story. There was no mention of a payment clearing her bank account. Now she was claiming she had paid in cash and had a receipt for it. Yep i love when someone lies their ass off. Oh and to make matters even more awesome--yes she got a 7th extension. Anyhow i calmed down after that.

So that was officially my last asshole customer of 2010. I wonder how long into my shift next Monday until i talk to my first bastard customer of 2011.

No comments: