Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cute cat. What's its name? Annoying customer


Just once i want to go into work and have a nice normal day where i don't get reemed out on every other call for ten hours. Here are some actual conversations i had yesterday with the red necks.

" I need to re do my out going voice mail message,somehow the other one got erased."
"ok I can try and walk you through that sir"
"actually i want a voice mail credit on my bill for the whole month"
"oh is the service also not working?"
"no people can still leave me messages but my outgoing message is erased"
"oh ok we only apply a credit if the service isnt working."
"its not working the way i want it to"
"I appologize the outgoing message needs to be re recorded but I can't apply a credit for that"
"Well you apparently dont know what you're doing. How long have you worked there? Two days?"
"Actually 7 years sir so I'm pretty familliar with our policies on credits"
"Get me a supervisor and if they don't give me a credit I will call the president of the company"


sigh

How about this gem

"My service hasnt worked since it was installed i want a credit"
"well i see here you called feb 11 to report a problem so i can credit from that day until today"
"but a tech came here and said you installed it wrong so i want a credit for the whole time"
"it says here you got the service in September. I can't credit that far back. If there was a problem you needed to call us and report a problem"
"i never use the internet"
"I appologize but i can't apply a credit for 5 months. We've been billing you that whole time and you never contested it until 5 months later."
"You guys installed it wrong. Let me put it to you this way if someone breaks into your house and he's still there when you get home,you know he's robbing you."
"so you're comparing your service not working to someone burglarizing my house?"
"get me a supervisor"

again sigh

How about this classic

"why was my service shut off?"
"well i see here you have had the service since July and made 2 payments. One of those was returned for lack of funds"
"you guys must have typed in the wrong check #"
"I'm sorry if that was the case but that was in December we gave you over another month before you were shut off.You owed 500 dollars before that payment was declined"
"you guys are guilty of doing my payment wrong. I want my service turned back on now!"
"you need to pay the account in full for that to happen"
"get me your supervisor and i will tell all my friends not to order your service"

double sigh


My favorite quote for yesterday?
"i want a credit for Harrison Ford and the Crystal Skull"



Oh well. At least I'm off today with Diana so that cheers me up. Hey without the customers i wouldnt have any funny stories i guess. So thats a plus.

1 comment:

Laurie AKA FrogGirl said...

Hey Jason: I almost fell off my chair laughing at all your customer convo's....OMFG.....All of that just reconfirmed how bloody stupid those ppl are!!!! I remember very well and am thankful I am no longer on that program....which reminds me come to the other side!!!!! I mean you wont have as many good stories but alot LESS headaches, and we all could use that!!!!!:) I like your blog, and will keep waiting for more...:)