Friday, February 6, 2009

Jay and Scott's Excellent Prom Adventure


So a few days ago on the wonderful site known as facebook, Kath left a note that encouraged everyone to post their favorite memory of her. I thought that was a really cool idea so today i did the same thing. My friend Jill reminded me of one of my favorite innebriated experiences.

It was spring of 1989-holy 20 years ago! Scott and I- 2/3rds oh the mighty Amigos were downtown enjoying some pizza and Beers at a wonderful little joint called Pizza Express. It was the night of our schools prom. We were not big fans of our school. We went to a really snooty school where we really didnt fit in. We weren't stuck up and we didnt wear shorts in the winter. Anyhow around our fifth beer,with nothing better to do that night we thought it would be funny to go stand out in front of the prom and make fun of people. Yes beer makes you do silly things. Maybe five minutes after we had arrived we ran into our friend Jill who thought we should come in. I didn't think we would get away with it. We didnt purchase tickets and we werent really dressed for a formal prom. Scott was in shorts and a vest and I being the fashion plate i was wore ripped jeans, a jean jacket and dog tags for some reason. Jill wanted us to try anyhow and one by one she walked us in. I'll be damned--it worked! No one said a word to us about sneaking in. Anyhow we ran into some people we knew. We had a few more barley based beverages and we started having a good old time. Here's the funny part--i was really whooping it up. I was singing really loud and i think at one point was standing on a table. Scott was quietly sitting in a chair being as calm and cool as he could be. A girl i knew who i kind of had a crush on came up to me and asked me to dance and even wore my jean jacket over her prom dress. When i came back from the dance i noticed Scott's chair was empty. Apparently one of the stuck up preppy bitches had gotten him thrown out. So to sum up-Scott sitting quietly gets thrown out while i acted like a drunken ass and got to stay. It didnt matter a few minutes later Scott snuck back in and we stayed till the end of the prom. Good times.

No comments: