Wednesday, March 4, 2009

1983: The year I saw Return Of the Jedi, listened to Men at Work and met a lifelong friend


So i was on face book the other night. By the way how awesome is facebook? I love that I've reconnected with old friends,some i lost touch with 20 years ago. I'm even friends with people i seriously hated at one time or another. Its the power of facebook-- it heals old wounds. I love you face book! Anyhow, so i was on face book the other night and lo and behold i saw my friend Allison was on. I might as well call her the founder of this blog as she is the one that told me to go for it. I will admit it makes me feel good when people find me funny.I think a sense of humour is important and was kind of touched when she wrote and mentioned that i was funny enough to start a blog. I've known Allison since 1983 when we both started high school. I can't exactly remember how we started talking but she was one of my first friends in high school. I gotta admit high school was rough and i was always a shy kid so to make a friend that early on was cool. We became pretty good pen pals there as well. We were always sending notes to each other and even went so far as to mail letters to each other. We wrote a long time to- all the way from the mid 8o's until probably the early 2000's. Things happen and we both have famillies now so we dont write as often but thats cool. I'm happy we have still kept in touch all these years. I look forward to the Christmas card i recieve every year from her and her family. She messaged me the other night that she was happy for me for being so happy with my family and it felt good hearing that. I may not seem it from my work related blogs but I am a pretty happy guy. Anyhow just wanted to mention again that i appreciate friends-from the ones I've known a lifetime to my most recent pals. Usually i like to put a pic up on my blogs that relate to the subject of the blog. Allison and I have never had a picture together but we did see Back to The Future once so enjoy a lovely picture of Marty McFly!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Thanks Jason. You are too kind. I do love reading your blog. It makes it seem like we are still writing to each other. You are one of the funniest people I know.
I do remember going to the movies together. I remember we went out the back door at the Town Cinemas downtown and I freaked out because I thought we were lost. Maybe you didn't notice since I was trying to be cool! haha Didn't my sister drive us?
Keep writing. Maybe there is some therapy going on when you write...haha