Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thank God for cartoon Sundays



Good day and welcome to March 1st. After kind of a rough week I am enjoying a day off doing nothing and having a nice super hero cartoon Sunday with Diana. It was just a brutal day at work yesterday. We handle calls for several states. One of the states decided that they would rather have their calls handled completely by Americans so yesterday was the last day we would get any calls from them. It seemed like the market pulled one last practical joke on us and dumped every single one of their calls on us. At least it seemed that way. It was super busy for about 9 of my 10 hours. Its a good thing i have asprin on me whenever i work because yesterday i thought my head would explode. My favorite call came from a lovely man who had to pay 500 dollars to get his service back on. When i told him that 200 dollars wouldnt be enough he began to shout out a string of profanities. I replied I'm sorry sir but swearing at me won't change the fact this is the ammount owed and if you continue with the language i will be forced to end this call. This brings me to my next question. If you were told that swearing would result in the hanging up of the call would the next words out of your mouth be "eat my prick asshole?" Pressing the release button never felt so good.

So I am happy for a quiet day today. Just made breakfast for Diana and I. Scrambled eggs and toast. I even cut out Diana's toast with cookie cutters or toast cutters as she calls them. Next gonna get her a bath and start the laundry then it'll be time for cartoons and popcorn. Todays Batman team up features one of my favorite characters the original Blue Beetle. He was a cool character who a couple years ago was off'ed by a bullet to the back of the head in the comics. There's a new kid Blue Beetle who Diana thinks is awesome. After cartoons the film Batman and Robin is on. Anyone that knows me knows that this is my least favorite movie of all time. The weird thing is if I'm channel surfing and its on i will stop and watch some of it. Well last week Batman Forever was on and Diana seemed to like it. So I'll suck it up and watch Batman and Robin from the beginning with her.

On a sidenote man those original Batman movies got shitty. I just saw the original Michael Keaton Batman movie the other night and 20 years later it still holds up. It's still massively cool when he holds up that crook and says "i'm Batman." By the time they got to Batman and Robin their was nipples on the bat suits and stupid gimmicks like ice skates in their boots. It made the original adam west series look like shakespeare. Oh well. I can put up with bad Arnold Shwartzennegar puns for 2 hours. The alternative would be to be listening to screaming redneck customers.

1 comment:

Kath said...

and welcome to day 5

you're awesome

wish i could be home for cartoon sundays...but at least i'm home for shopping fridays! w00t!

<3 you!! xoxoxoxo