Wednesday, March 4, 2009

John and Jason aren't done



Wow. I need to write about another long time friend. I just realized its my buddy John's birthday. John and i have been friends since Mr Wizniaks class in grade 8. I actually do remember our first conversation. It was about an episode of Family Ties where Alex P Keaton quit his job at a grocery store. We've been friends ever since. Man we used to get in shit for talking and laughing in class. Unfortunately for our wives we still laugh at the same jokes and stories that we've been telling over the years. John and I have been through a lot and he's like a brother to me. We even lived together for four years in good old Thorold. There was one scary moment in our friendship. In grade 10 he moved to the falls with this guy Dave. He had to move fairly quickly so he never had a chance to tell me. According to an unreliable source namee Darrell-John had moved far away and was never coming back. Well thank goodness he was wrong. I can't say enough nice things about the guy. He's been there for me through the good times and the bad. Man all these years later and we still laugh at the same stuff. He has a memory like a steel trap to. He remembers the most obscure tv trivia to. Not many people remember that the show Alice had a spin off show about Flo the waitress. John can sing the flo theme song word for word. That impresses me for some reason. He married one of the nicest girls in the world as well-Rachel and their kids are cool as well. So in honour of my friends birthday i will raise a glass. Happy birthday buddy. You've been a great friend/brother/ fellow happy days nerd.

No comments: