Sunday, March 1, 2009

Two Hours of My Life I'll Never get back


So a follow up to my earlier blog. I watched Batman and Robin today. I hadn't seen in it in its entirety since 1997. I remembered it as a horrible movie experience and i always compare other crappy movies to it. I've used the phrase "it wasn't as bad as Batman and Robin" a lot over the years. Today i watched it with Diana. I thought hey maybe I'd been to hard on the movie. Maybe it wasn't as bad as i remembered. I was right,it was worse. A lot of the horrible things about the movie that i had long forgotten came back. Here are just a few things that made me want to punch myself in the face then have to sit through this film again.

1) The movie opens with close ups of the heroes crotches as they put on their bat suits
2) They just happened to have ice skates in their boots? How did they even know they would be fighting a villain that could make ice?
3) At one point Batman pulls out a Bat credit card that said Batman Forever on it
4) George Clooney smiles at everything, even when he tells Robin that Alfred the butler is dying
5) Coolio of Gangsters Paradise fame has a cameo
6) Arnold Schwarzenegger's awful lines such as "freeze bird boy" and "lets kick some ice"
7} nipples on all the bat suits
8} so you can survive if you're frozen in a block of ice but only for 11 minutes if it was 11 minutes and one second then you are f'ed
9} Bat lazers. bat heaters and bat video cameras in their belts. I haven't seen that many ridiculous gadgets since the old Adam West series
10} Batgirl didn't get naked

To sum up 12 years later the movie still sucks ass. This movie almost killed the Bat franchise. Thank God for the Christopher Nolan Bat films. I should totally be a movie reviewer

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

LoL, Ben was totally glued to the TV for this one, he loved it! But yeah, I have to agree from the first hour of it, it was horrific! Brian has made me watch some pretty awful B movies over the years but this tops them all!

Nickle said...

BAT NIPPLES