Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm geting too old for this shit


Hey does anyone remember the scene in Lethal Weapon 2 where Mel Gibson shot the bad guys fish tank? As the villains were scooping dead fish off of the carpet Mel smiled and started waving and yelling "big Smile!" I kind of had a moment like that at work today. Midway through my shift my headphones started to buzz loudly in my ears. No matter what i did i couldnt get the buzzing to stop. It was giving me a headache and causing me to go insane. As if that wasnt enough i get a lady yelling at me. She was pissed that we would only offer her a days credit for her internet which was only out an hour. A 24 hour credit was more than generous. Here's the best part. Her internet service never stopped working.She had unplugged her main computer where the internet service worked perfectly and plugged in a lap top to her modem. The lap top didnt work. Because she tried fo an hour to get the lap top working she felt she deserved a credit for 30 days of service. "Was the service out for 30 days" I stupidly asked? "No" she replied. She couldnt get it through her skull that we couldnt validate a 30 day credit for a service that may have stopped working for an hour. She then started telling me i didnt know how to do my job and demanded a supervisor. She also said to me "you don't know that your supervisor won't give me a 30 day credit." I've been there 7 years (not bragging) so i think i know she wont get a month of credit for an hour problem. This with the buzzing made me lose it a bit. I waas already in a bad mood to begin with. People started staring at me as my voice kind of raised. My friend Trudy was walking by just as i snapped. I saluted her and with Mel Gibson (or Riggs if you will) in mind shouted big smile! I actually felt a tiny bit better after that. Wow i need to sit down and rewatch all 4 Lethal Weapons. That wacky Riggs!

No comments: