Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dead Man Walking


Wow. I had an interesting day. SO i broke one of the big rules at work. I let a customer get under my skin. I picked a great time to do it to. My manager,operations manager and head office were listening in. I realized this in the final moments of the call. TO be fair the customer was a real asshole-a fact my operation manager agreed with. He started being rude from the minute i asked him his name. Eventually i had enough and kinda started arguing back with him. I don't know why i did this. I've certainly had worse calls then this one. I didn't even lose it on the guy that told me to burn in hell. He got me so mad i accidently gave him the wrong information about his servive. As soon as i saw there were other people listening in i appologized. Dick wouldnt even accept my appology. I hung up the phone and i started to feel sick to my stomach. Not two minutes later i was told to go to the operation managers office and wait for her. I followed the manager and felt like i was on death row, Outta the way dead man walkin' here. I sat in the office for a good 15 minutes. I was very nervous and my heart was pounding. What was going to happen? I've never been on a corrective action before. Being alone in the office i started thinking all kinds of crazy thoughts. Would i be fired? How would i provide for my family? Would i have to work the streets? Finaly the operations manager came in followed by the lady that marks the calls. THey could tell i was rattled and immediately told me my job wasnt in jeopardy and i wouldnt be put on corrective action.They were actually really cool about it. They said i had a clean record and they've never had a problem with me before. I was told to just be cool when customers started going off on me especially at 3:30 on a Tuesday when the head office is listening in. Head office actually told them to get me off the phones immediately. They let me chill out anothe 15 minutes just bullshitting about other idiot customers. Also,i guess i wasnt the first person that they had to pull into the office for going off on a customer today. I was actually number 4! Anyhow next time a customer pisses me off I'm going to think of funny things. Like lines from Kevin Smith movies or funny things Diana might have said.

To top my shitty afternoon off after i got back from my final break i noticed a huge rip in the sleeve of my shirt. What the hell? I just got the shirt a couple months ago and it was fine when i left the house today. I don't have a clue when it ripped. I also busted my sunglasses the other night. It just isnt my week i tell ya. Well i just have one more day to go before i get a day off. I can do it. I hope.

No comments: