Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flat tires, asshole customers, mind numbing cramps and mice


Man am i glad today is over. What a shitty day. It started off bad. I got to work and all of a sudden felt like i got kicked in the stomach hard. Without sounding gross i had to use the facilities. I usually don't take personal breaks and i didnt especially want to take one 15 minutes after i arrived. I tried to hold out but i began to lose my concentration. I extended a guys bill due date in a market where i'm not suppossed to. My manager passed me a note saying i shouldnt have done that. With that i took a personal break. We're only allowed a 5 minute personal a day. I ended up needing 8 minutes. Didnt think it would be a big deal becasue i never use the personal time. I got back and my supervisor was waiting at my desk and had logged me off of my phone. You'd think i killed a drifter or something.

The day got worse, It all of a sudden started geting super busy. An old lady started yelling at me because i refused to credit her service until the end of July. Her phone wasnt working and she hadnt spoken to a technician yet. I said i would credit her until todays date-june 23rd which was being generous as she hadnt called us in 14 days to report an issue. She started screaming at me. I told her i couldnt credit her into the future as we didnt know what date service would work again. She wanted a supervisor and if he wouldnt credit her she would need the president of the company. I was told to shut my mouth when i mentioned i couldnt get her our president. She hung up.

THen the day got stranger. I was leaving work to come home for lunch. As i was crossing the street a tow truck started honking at me.I looked up and Kath was in a tow truck. Then i noticed our van in the back of the truck.Oh crap now what? I immediately started to fear the worst. What was wrong with the van? Were we going to have to use our rent money for repairs? Turns out it was just a flat tire. But i wouldnt know that for a few hours. I was relieved when i found out everyone was ok.

Also when i was at home my neighbor the Dark Knight asked me if I've seen any mice. He had seen a mouse on his property. I have not seen a mouse. He started telling me i should weed my backyard becasue maybe mice were living amongst the weeds. I admit i have some weeds and i havent had time to pull them. Its not like theres a jungle out back or anything and i havent seen an army of mice back there. I guess I'm weeding on my day off. Hurray!


If working a ten hour shift wasnt enough,i had to go to a stupid meeting for my complex. Was given the awesome news that my rent is going up. The meeting should have been over quickly but 4 of my neighbors kept bitching about everything. It was annoying and wasnt in the mood to drag things out. It was a terryble experience. Thank God it happens only once a year.


So the day is done and its time to go to sleep. One more day of hell then its 2 days of peace. Oh and weeding,musnt forget the weeding. At least my day is ending cool. Just heard the new Wallflowers single. I ordered it off of I tunes as i dont feel like shelling out the cash for their greatest hits cd. I already have all their albums and theres only one new song on it. Kick ass song though. Also downloaded the Transformers theme as performed by Cheap Trick. Good times! Have a great night folks. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, do I hate taking a crap at work, especially since coworkers love to piss all over the toilet seat... I liked reading that you ended your day on a good note listening to music. Usually when I have an awful day I promise myself I will bump some punk rock records when I get home and slam a few dozen beers. I'm still trying to recover from yesterdays drinking binge.