Sunday, April 19, 2009

Going blind and being told what to do with a penis--just another day at the office


So you all know i hate Saturdays-or more specifically working on a saturday. Yesterday was one of those horrible shifts. Big surprise. I can't remember the last Saturday that was cool. Lets put it this way. Jenniffer Love Hewitt could be sitting next to me-topless- giving me free pizza and comics and i would still have a lousy saturday. Anyhow the day actually started off nice. I was in a row with about 4 or 5 cool people who i could talk to. The day started off slow. I got to read a few comics and joke with the other reps. Then around noon almost all the lights go out in the place. I'm thinking cool-maybe the computers will go out also. Sorry to report it wasnt a power outtage. It was our managers turning out the lights. Why you may ask? So they could set up a big screen and play cartoons of Mickey Mouse playing golf all day. So that meant no more reading and i couldnt even see my keyboard. The nice glow from the monitor gave me a headache. Hey if youre gonna make me blind at least play Die Hard or The Dark Knight. Then it got busy. THe customers i started to get could be best described as slow and sleeping with their cousins. As usual i have a highlight. A lady was mad because she had paid her first bill with the exception of five dollars. Not really a big deal and she had until may to pay the five dollars. Well apparently it was a big thing and soon she had her boyfriend on the phone screaming at me. I explained the bill was a bit higher than what they paid but all they had left to pay was five dollars. Here's a bit of the conversation that followed

"well obviously you cant explain the bill so get me a supervisor"
"i appologize sir but you didnt pay enough there is still a five dollar balance i'm not sure what else you want me to say"
"we're done because you cant explain where this five dollar charge is coming from"
"i did explain where its coming from-several times"
"you dont know how to do your job so supervisor now!"
"ok but not sure why you need a supervisor for this"
"are you refusing me a supervisor?"
"no sir but.."
"we're done motherfucker"
"ok look there's no reason to get rude sir"
"fuck you"
"ok then i am warning you if you swear at me one more time i will be forced to end this call"
"is this call being recorded?"
"i sure hope so"
"good then go suck a dick."

With that he ended the call instead of letting me enjoy hitting the hang up button. Oh but the story does get better. He called back and got a 2nd employee and then a manager. He has the nerve to tell the manager that i was rude too him and then says he liked the 2nd rep better because he at least had a sense of humour. I'm sorry but what was even remotely funny about our conversation? Oh wait i guess when Chevy Chase told me to suck a dick that was comedy at its finest. Wow then i guess i'm in the wrong here and i really don't have a sense of humour. My bad.


Anyhow I'm off today even if Kath is not. Hanging out with Diana and we have a plethora of super hero cartoons to watch today. Just taking it easy before i get barraged with a ton of awesome calls from genius customers. The next three days are going to take forrever to get through. Oh well I can do it. As long as i font have to watch any more pluto cartoons in the dark. Well until the Ghost Whisperer actually does show up topless to my work with a stack of comics i guess i am stuck there. Well friends o'Jay-have an awesome Sunday and stay in touch.

No comments: