Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jays in first-Hell must have frozen over


So last week I was channel surfing and i came across a Blue Jays game. I thought i would stop for a bit and see how they were doing.Now just to be clear i was a huge Jays fan from the 80's until a couple of seasons ago. I used to go to games. Kath and i went to at least 2 or 3 games a year and followed them on tv as well. Now i know you're suppossed to stick with your team through the good times and the bad and that every year can't be a world series win. I guess a couple of years ago i just got tired of watching them lose and just didnt follow it as much anymore. I think i tuned in for maybe 2 games last year. As a matter of fact i didnt even really know who was on the team anymore. Its not like i decided to follow another team or anything like that. I just stopped being interested in baseball. I also didnt watch the world series which is something i did every year no matter who made it. Anyhow i put the game on last week. First of all i realize its at least 15 games into the season. I was so out of touch. Then i notice how well they are playing. I started to get interested again. And that was before i heard of their winning record and the fact they were in first place. I actually watched the next four games. They actualy won all of them. So i think i will give the team another chance. They were my team for all those years. They are ahead of the Yankees so i would have that to rub in my father in laws face. And that makes me happy. Go Jays!

No comments: