Thursday, April 23, 2009

More drunken Jay flashbacks


A friend of mine jokingly posted on Facebook that we should go camping at Sherkston. Sherkston was a magical beach where in the early to mid 90's i would go with my friends. We would camp at least twice a summer there and it was great. Would I go back now? To quote Danny Glover from the Lethal Weapon series- I'm too old for this shit. If Andrea is reading this one I know she'll back me up there. It was a lot of drinking morning noon and night. We would get up and just start drinking beer. We wouldnt bring much in the way of food either. Hot dogs. The end. We wouldnt get much sleep either. Usually there was another camper blasting Guns and Roses or Metallica. This would go on into all hours of the night. Then you would wake up with a wicked bad hangover and start the day again. Some highlights i can remember off the top of my head

1) My friend Dennis in the middle of the night going for a swim in the middle of the lake-fully dressed including a leather jacket. Then coming back to shore and getting in his bathing suit.

2) some metal head guy who kept calling us "brother." At one point he was sitting in a tree chopping up firewood. Another time he was chopping up a picnic table.

3) My friend Colin standing in the campfire with no shoes on. He had 4 cases of beer that weekend maybe all in one day.

4) Almost driving a golf cart into a tree. Good times

5)John so hung over he stayed in his tent all day only to emerge at night while playing the guitar.

6) the cool Bon Jovi cover band that played on the beach. Really is there anything cool about a Bon Jovi cover band? We watched on a sand hill overlooking the beach. I passed out and woke up a few hours later with a burn and a round beer cup mark on my stomach.


Yeah drawing a blank on the rest. Like i said there was a lot of drinking involved. Don't get me wrong those were fun times but i don't think i could handle partying like that again at my age.Now i would probably drink one beer and go sleep in the tent all day. I would however like to finally go camping with my family somewhere quiet. I've been wanting to camp with Kath since we met but for some reason havent gone yet. I think Diana would have a lot of fun. Oh yes some day we will camp. Oh yes.

1 comment:

Nickle said...

Were taking the boys camping this summer your welcome to join us!

word verifier: Cluil

in a sentence: After eating the undercooked hotdogs Rob came down sick with Cluil