Wednesday, May 20, 2009

High School Reunion--whoopity do!


So i guess last weekend was the 50th anniversary of my high school SWC. I gotta be honest, I'm glad i saved my money and stayed home. My sister went and said it was no big deal. There was nobody i really wanted to see. Well would have been cool to see if Mr Mitchinson still looked like Buck Rogers. I still stay in touch with Scott, Colin and Allison. Also anybody else i give 2 craps about I have become friends with on facebook. I gotta admit i wasnt a big fan of my school. Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed going if only to hang out with my pals but i was a social outcast. At our school if you didn't conform to what everybody else was doing then you would get made fun of. I mentioned in an earlier blog that air guitar was fixed--just about everything else was as well. My buddy Scott ran for student council one year-social comitee or something like that. I remember the day of the speeches almost falling asleep from boredom in the audience. Scott was one of the last speeches and he was seated at the end of the table with all the candidates. His name got announced,he jumped up on the table,threw his shoes in the air and danced down to the podium. He had the most exciting speech of the day. The other guy he was running against didnt even show for the speeches. What should have been a landslide victory turned into a loss. Did i mention the other guy never even showed up? Because he was one of the "long haired freaks" of swc or skids as they called us, Scott never stood a chance. I still don't know why i was labelled a "skid". I had short hair and wore ties all the time back then. It was crap like that that made me dislike that school. Oh well i guess it could have been worse I could have gone to Merriton. I so would have gotten my ass kicked at that school. Anyhow to sum up-happy as hell i didnt go to the lame reunion and just as happy that i have the same friends from those days.

No comments: